Bespoke Courses and workshops are available and created to suit the needs of settings, authorities and organisations.
Courses will accommodate different time needs and are available from 1 hour sessions leading to 1, 2 and 3 day courses which can be delivered over a period of months.
Contents can include:
- Exploration of songs and musical activities to share and enjoy with babies and children
- Musicality-exploring the natural musicality of children; ideas as to how to nurture this.
- The importance of using music to support child development
- Creative Music Making
- Working musically with families and children; planning for music sessions
- The use of music to support communication and language development
- Tuning into children; communicative musicality
- Effective planning for musical activities linked to the Early Years Foundation
Stage – Supporting all areas of learning through music
- Effective use of instruments/resources and where to purchase resources from
- Listening to and observing children’s musical play
- Listening to and observing children’s spontaneous singing
- Documenting children’s creative music making
- Children’s musical development
- Understanding the elements of music – Pitch, Dynamics, Tempo, Texture, Timbre,
Duration & Structure
- Using resources to enhance songs and music making
- Working with children with additional needs
- Children’s notation of music & mark making
- Delivering a music session and being a positive role model
- Using free downloadable software to record and create children’s compositions
- Using music with stories
- The effective use of recorded music
- Planning and creating a musical environment
- Observation, evaluation and reflecting on practice
Please contact me for details regarding pricing.